Write Record Perform – Triskel Music Residencies
Triskel Arts Centre in Cork is delighted to announce WRITE RECORD PERFORM – Triskel Music Residencies.
This Residency Programme is primarily aimed at Professional Musicians, Composers and Songwriters. Collaborative Projects across genres and other media where Music is the “lead” are also welcome.
Triskel Arts Centre is committed to equity and inclusion, and particularly welcomes applications from under-represented musicians, including but not limited to: musicians of colour, musicians with disabilities, Traveller musicians and LGBTQ+ musicians.
Professional artists are people who, although they might not earn income continuously or exclusively from their arts practice, do identify themselves and are recognised by their peers as professional practising artists.
Applications may be from Professional artists who wish to create their own original works, e.g. composers, songwriters, or interpret the works of others, e.g. Classical or Traditional Musicians.
WRITE: Refers to the three-month period where researching, composing, arranging, planning and other activities relating to the Project take place.
RECORD: Refers to the finished Project recorded in a format such as Audio or Audio-Visual media e.g., an album, an online concert, a Digital album, a Visual Album etc.
PERFORM: A Live World Premiere Concert which is held at Triskel Christchurch.
Each Residency provides access to Triskel Arts Centre and the Centre’s Resources over a specified three-month period to develop a Project from writing stage through to recording and Premiere performance which can happen later in 2022 or in 2023. Access to Triskel Christchurch is available by agreement during all stages of the Project
Triskel are offering 2 Residency Programmes in 2021-2022. (Triskel are planning further residency programmes, funding permitting, and not only in music, as part of a Policy to support the use of the Arts Centre as a creative resource to artists. These will be announced later in 2022).
Each Residency offers:
- A Budget of up to €10,000 per Project.
- Direct access to Triskel Arts Centre for up to 10 days in the three-month period, 2 days per week (Mondays and Tuesdays).
- Support to manage and market the Project thereafter to completion.
- In kind Advice and Technical Support where appropriate from the Centre throughout the Project.
- Use of Triskel Christchurch to Produce a Recording of the Project in 2022 or 2023, either audio-visual or audio.
- Use of Triskel Christchurch to Rehearse.
- A World Premiere Live Concert of the Project in 2022 or 2023 in Triskel Christchurch.
- Applicants must be of professional standard, as recognised by their peers, who are currently living in the Republic of Ireland.
- Applicants must have a strong track record in composition, performance and/or creation of original work.
- Applicants must be aged 18 or over.
- Applications may be from professional artists who wish to create their own original works, e.g. composers or songwriters, or interpret the works of others, e.g. Classical or Traditional Musicians
- Applications may be from individuals or groups. In the case of groups or ensembles, one applicant is identified as the “lead” applicant. Ensembles or Groups should be mindful of the nature and size of Christchurch as a performance space.
- Applications can be across artforms so long as the “lead” artform is music.
- Applicants can apply for one WRITE RECORD PERFORM Residency only.
- Will be by a panel made up of Triskel & independent Reps who will assess:
- The Artistic Quality of the Proposal
- The Track Record of the Applicant
- The Suitability of the Triskel Venue to the Proposal (See Venue Spec)
- The feasibility and fairness of the Budget (See Budget Spec)
- WRITE: 3 consecutive Months in the 2022 Calendar Year
- RECORD: On dates to be agreed in 2022 or 2023
- PERFORM: On a date to be agreed in 2022 or 2023
Applications must be made Online via this link.
- COMPLETE The Online Application Form
- UPLOAD a Document containing:
- A Detailed Project Proposal to include:
- Overall Concept of your Project.
- Outline: WRITE, RECORD and PERFORM Stages in detail showing actions and outcomes for each stage.
- Indicate your Preferred Dates for the three stages of the Residency
- Include a Budget (See Budget Spec)
- Your CV and the CVs of Collaborators.
- UPLOAD 3 Recent Examples of your Work, Audio or Video
- You may also Upload additional documents e.g. reviews, max 3 documents.
Closing date is 31 January 2022 at 5pm.
See link below for further details.