Accordion tutor – freelance
The English Folk Dance and Song Society (EFDSS) is looking to appoint an Accordion tutor (Piano accordion, stradella bass system) for the Level 2 and Level 3-4 (beginner with some keyboard experience to improvers/intermediate level) classes taking place at Cecil Sharp House as part of the Saturday Folk Music Workshops.
1. An excellent accordion player (piano accordion, stradella bass) whose core repertoire is folk music from England, Britain and beyond
2. An engaging and skilled folk music educator
3. Experience of planning and developing creative workshop and course content
4. Committed to excellent quality musical experiences for adult learners
5. Committed to working in a way that is inclusive and creative and to EFDSS’ values and ethos
6. Committed to collaborating and developing a good working relationship with EFDSS Education staff and other music leaders
7. Willing to reflect on and evaluate the work and accept feedback
8. Strongly committed to safeguarding, equal opportunities, health and safety and safe arts practice 9. Committed to skill sharing and disseminating effective practice, via EFDSS’ Folk Educators Group and other relevant networks
10. Experience working with adult learners
11. A teaching qualification in music education and / or adult learning
See link below for further details.
Published on 21 May 2020