Apple Music’s copy team is looking for a writer to join our fast-growing Editorial team as we expand our coverage. This candidate will be responsible for crafting everything from thorough album copy with artist interviews to short promotional tags. Expertise in particular genres is crucial, but so is versatility and flexibility and the ability to write at a fast pace. Understanding the connection between current artists and their influences is key, as is being able to lay out those connections to a user. A particular interest in current hip-hop and R&B is a plus.
We believe that strong, informed writing sets Apple Music apart from its competitors.The Apple Music copy team is responsible for all of the words that appear across Apple Music—from playlist descriptions to album commentary to artist interviews to promotional display copy and all points in between. We provide important context for the music on the service and its features.
– A self-starter who is dedicated and demonstrates creative and critical thinking abilities.
– You are flexible and versatile in nature, able to take on challenges while maintaining and even keep and sense of humor.
– You have excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely across multiple audiences and partners, including the ability to explain analytical outcomes and technical roadblocks in business terms.
– You are a confident and astute interviewer of artists.
– You are a skilled writer, able to come up with sharp copy of any length.
– You should be able to handle multiple fast-paced projects.
– You can meet deadlines.
– You have an insatiable curiosity about current and developing trends in popular music and a knowledge of the cultural forces behind them.
– You know the artists who are important in music and can explain why they’re important.
– You can describe how a song sounds, but more importantly, you can explain why it could be of interest.
– You have a deep familiarity with the Apple ecosystem of services and hardware (Mac OS X, iOS, Apple Music, iTunes, App Store, iBooks, Podcasts, iTunes U, Trailers, Apple TV, etc.)
The candidate will be responsible for writing sharp, informed, and incisive copy that will accompany and provide context for playlists, albums, and other projects within Apple Music. The candidate should also be a skilled interviewer, able to ask questions of both rising artists and established stars with equal confidence, with the intention of gathering insight that helps make our copy as unique and distinctive as possible. The writer will cover many of the fast-moving top releases of each week, and also be able to write about key albums across Apple Music’s vast catalog.
Education & Experience
– BA in English, Writing or Journalism preferred
See link below for further details.
N.B No deadline specified.