Copywriter – Marketing Manager
This position works collaboratively to develop and execute single ticket marketing plans for the CSO, Pops, May Festival and related brands, and to serve as primary copywriter in support of those plans. The ideal candidate has a private sector head and a public sector heart, with an ability combine creative writing skills, a knowledge of classical/orchestral music, and excellent project management skills to drive single ticket sales. The ideal candidate will also be curious with a “test and learn” mindset to connect new and existing audiences to music.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Working closely with the Director of Marketing, develop single ticket marketing and promotional plans for all concert weekends across brand lines, including CSO & Pops, May Festival and related brands.
– Working closely with the artistic team, write marketing copy for brochures, ads, emails, social media, etc., with a focus on compelling storytelling.
– Place all traditional media buys, manage media/vendor relationships, and traffic ads through the production process.
– Work cross-functionally to ensure that marketing plans are fully supported across digital and email platforms.
– Manage single ticket marketing budget. Work with the Director of Marketing and Director of Sales, help to forecast sales and measure promotions ROI.
– Serve as part of the rotation for “front of house” duty at concerts.
– Performs other duties as assigned.
– Reporting Relationship: The Marketing Manager reports to the Director of Marketing.
– At least 2 years’ experience in marketing, communications or related field with proven track record of results; non-profit or performing arts experience a plus
– Excellent copywriting and proofreading skills
– Ability to communicate effectively and in a timely way with external and internal constituencies
– Strong project management and time management skills
– Knowledge of and/or passion for the arts, specifically music
– A good eye for strong ad design
– Thrives in an extremely fast-paced environment and can process information on the fly
– Key characteristics of the ideal candidate include innate curiosity, adaptability, creativity, and a willingness to test and measure results
See link below for further details.
Published on 26 June 2019