Production Manager (part-time)
New Island Books seeks a part-time Production Manager to join its publishing team.
– Manage and oversee the production and printing of approx. 16-18 titles per year, across frontlist, new editions and reprints, liaising closely with other departments to deliver them on schedule, on vision and within budget. This will involve managing freelance contractors and print buying for all titles.
– Maintain product and workflow information in Stison system for forthcoming titles.
– Contribute to the early envisioning and packaging of each title.
The successful candidate will have:
– A minimum of 3 years book production experience, including print buying processes
– Demonstrable experience in editorial/project management with a full understanding of publishing workflows
– Demonstrable familiarity with copyediting and proofreading mark-up (both digital and hardcopy)
– Proficiency in publishing-specific software, such as Microsoft Word, Adobe InDesign, Acrobat, Stison or equivalent
– Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (in the English language)
– Superb attention to detail and respect for in-house processes
– A portfolio of publications they have worked on that shows all of the above
See link below for further details.