Musical Instruments for Bands
The Arts Council has designed this programme to increase the quality of music-making in the community by helping bands to replace worn-out instruments and purchase new instruments.
Particular priority will be given to applications which can demonstrate:
high quality musicianship
a commitment to training and musical education, particularly of young people
a commitment to repertoire and technique development in relation to the band’s existing repertoire and technical standards.
Who can apply?
The Arts Council welcomes applications from the widest possible range of organisations and in particular from applicants whose projects benefit individuals categorised under Section 75 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998. In addition, in order to be eligible to apply to this programme, please note the following:
This scheme is open to bands based in Northern Ireland, which are formally constituted.
The following types of bands are eligible for this scheme:
– Accordion Orchestra/Band (part, melody or marching)
– Brass Band
– Concert Band
– Flute Band (part, melody or marching)
– Pipe Band
– Wind Band
Who Cannot Apply?
– Bands who have received a Musical Instruments for Bands Programme award between January 2014 and March 2019
– Organisations who are in breach of the terms of any previous ACNI grant awards.
– Bands who are not of the types listed above*.
See link below for further details.