Stage and Technical Manager
The BBC National Orchestra and Chorus of Wales is hiring a Stage and Technical Manager.
The Stage & Technical Manager is a key position taking full responsibility for the day-to-day staging, logistical & technical operation and management of the Orchestra’s activity and studios in Hoddinott Hall and on the road. The Stage & Technical Manager will report to the Orchestra Manager, and line manages the Assistant Stage & Technical Manager in supporting the Operations Team to deliver smooth running of rehearsals, concerts, recording sessions and external events in the UK and overseas. The post will require a multi-skilled technician to ensure the effective output of all events, regularly working unsociable hours (early mornings, late evenings and weekends).
The following experience is essential for this position;
– Experience in an arts venue, concert hall or equivalent professional technical set up including sound, lighting, A/V and stage management;
– Knowledge and understanding of orchestrations, instruments and the appropriate ways to layout an orchestra;
– Experience of the methods and practices employed in safely and carefully handling, packing and transport of valuable musical instruments
– Experience of budgetary management and the monitoring of departmental costs
– Experience of creating stage plans using Visio
See link below for further details.