The purpose of Strategic Funding is to invest in and support the essential infrastructure required to sustain and develop the arts in Ireland.
Recipients of Strategic Funding must play a critical part in delivering the policy priorities of Making Great Art Work, the Arts Council’s ten-year strategy.
In offering Strategic Funding, the Arts Council wishes to ensure:
– The delivery of excellent artwork and/or events activities and services
– Excellent opportunities for artists and/or arts professionals to develop their practice and/or to create or to be engaged in high-quality work
– That the diversity of contemporary Ireland is reflected in the work it supports
– That more people will enjoy high-quality arts experiences
– Increased depth of engagement by and with the public
– Standards of excellence in governance and management in the arts.
See link below for further details.