Céilí at the Castle
Get ready to enjoy a true Belfast experience, complete with Céilí, or traditional Irish folk dancing, live music, food and drinks. This is a 2-hour event showcasing Ulster’s finest musicians and dancers who have performed both nationally and internationally in such famous shows as Riverdance, Feet of Flames and Lord of the Dance. You’ll be served a delicious traditional meal, a complimentary drink, soak in performances of popular Irish traditional folk tunes and songs, have a chance to try your hand at the bodhrán, or Irish drum, and even become an expert at pouring your own Guinness—all while meeting new friends at this iconic Belfast location.
The musicians will host and MC the evening, singing Belfast songs and playing traditional instruments, explaining the history of the music, the instruments, and dances. Irish dancers will also perform and teach you some traditional dances.
This spectacular and heart-warming evening’s entertainment will give you a sense of the culture and traditions of this part of Ireland and will leave you wanting more!
• 2-hour traditional Irish experience in Belfast Castle which sits at the foot of Cavehill and overlooks the city.
• Listen to live Irish musicians play popular folk songs and tunes.
• Receive a complimentary drink on arrival or pour your own pint of Guinness.
• Feast on a traditional Belfast meal of Irish Stew served in a Belfast sourdough bowl followed by Co. Antrim Cake, Tea & Coffee.
• Learn how to Céilí dance with Irish dancers who have toured with Lord of Dance & Riverdance.
• Join professional Irish dancers to take part in a fun Céilí dance experience.
• Learn how to play the bodhrán, a traditional Irish drum.
• Plenty of interaction with fellow guests.
• All ages (u18 must be accompanied by an adult)
• This activity is wheelchair accessible.
• Recommended attire: Comfortable clothing for dancing.
• Full bar available.