Abbey Theatre and Clifden Arts Festival Theatre Residency
The Abbey Theatre and Clifden Arts Festival are now inviting applications for a new theatre residency.
The residency will offer an artist an opportunity to work on their own practice alongside a tailored programme of visits to places of significance in Connemara and a series of meetings with arts practitioners based in Connemara. The programme will be tailored with the chosen artist, taking into consideration their own practice and needs. The Abbey Theatre and Clifden Arts Festival will also provide the following:
– A two week residency in Connemara.
– Travel costs.
– Accommodation in Clifden town centre.
– A weekly stipend of €700.
– Per diem of €33
Who can apply:
– The residency is open to professional theatre artists (playwrights/makers) who are based in Ireland.
– Applications are accepted from individual artists only. We cannot accept applications from collectives or groups at this time.
– Artists applying should be available to take up the residency in March 2023, over two consecutive weeks.
– The nominated weeks for the residency are March 10th – March 24th 2023
See link below for further details.